Thursday, April 25, 2013

The power of free food and booze compels me!

My stomach was healing well last week. I had a few off days, Thursday in particular, but I chocked it up to walking a lot the day before and perhaps pushing myself too far too soon. However, I've grown steadily worse, or worse-ish and nothing seems to be working out for me. It's not pain, per say - just discomfort. Constant discomfort in my lower abdomen. The left side in particular hurts more, a certain area being hard as a rock. I'm unsure what the hell is going on, but I do know one thing: I'll be damned if I am going to miss another function over this bullshit.

It's not so bad that I need to race to the ER again, so I'll tide myself over the weekend and give him a ring on Monday.

The discomfort is hindering my ability to eat properly and get shit accomplished. Everything takes double the amount of time it ought to, and I have a serious work-related deadline. I wanted so very badly to have a guest blog done in time for a friend who went through a major surgery and I haven't even been able to finish that :( It makes me feel like a failure when I can't deliver on something I had ages to get done.

Anyway. I want these stomach issues resolved. Summer is nearly here and I'd like to make some plans - be it traveling or earning some cash to travel. Let's all hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment