Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Very Thankful Thursday

Today in the United States of America it is Thanksgiving, a holiday centered around food and gratitude. Forget whatever the history books told us in social studies; that is the stuff of nonsense. For me, Thanksgiving has risen above those falsehoods and is purely about being thankful. It goes without saying that I am grateful for my family/friends/health/roof over my head, so I am listing, in no particular order, my list of the not-so obvious reasons I am grateful this Thanksgiving 2012:

1) RIGHTS! The right to vote, to an abortion (which thankfully I will not have to ever have), to have an opinion, to express myself through art, clothes and words.

2) ASMR videos. It may not be your cup of tea, but I find them absolutely fascinating.

3) Exceptionally nice TSA agents & airline attendants. I've flown to Ireland with two connections each way, had to sleep in an airport in Limerick with only two security guards for company, flown to New York and flown home from Philadelphia on the tail of a hurricane. I only had two quasi-unpleasant individuals out of a dozen or so; otherwise everyone was as nice as can be and I appreciate them.

4) Two insane cats that drive me up the wall but have also learned the softer, more positive traits of being felines. Purring and cuddles make their torment worth tolerating.

5) Cute stationary which I use to keep up correspondence with friends faraway.

6) This fucking squirrel.

7) Spreading sweet, hot feminist rage like wild fire! Women are more united & our brothers/sons/husbands/fathers/men-folk are becoming aware of our plight more than ever before. We are hopefully on our way to a true egalitarian society.

8) Twitter. Facebook. Tumblr. They keep the lulz flowing.

9) PBS Nature, which never fails to make me tear up.

10) The Internet, giving me the ability to connect to so many people including friends old and new.

11) You. Yes, you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment