1. There is absolutely NO COST to your family! That’s right, your child is granted a lovely five day camp journey with boat ride (to AND back!), room & board, activities – all at no cost to you!
2. Your child is amongst their peers with dozens of fellow heart buddies to spark new friendships and forge bonds that can last a life time!
3. Camp del Corazon is an ACA (American Camp Association) accredited camp!
4. Camp del Corazon was founded by a pediatric cardiologist and nurse! Trust me; round the clock care is there for your child with nurses, doctors and a fully equipped infirmary. ALL activities have a nurse stationed at them!
5. THEMES your kids can totally get into and run rampant with: pirates, cultures of the world, Mardi Gras, wild west, wizards and fairies, etc. Costumes, props and decorations are thoroughly encouraged for campers AND counselors alike to get into the spirit of our theme!
6. Your child’s itinerary may include just a sampling of these awesome activities: Swimming, kayaking, archery, arts & crafts, boom ball, court games, climbing wall, high ropes course, nature PLUS a free choice activity of their choosing!
7. Your child will stay off the California coast at Howland’s Landing, a private cove on the leeward side of beautiful Catalina Island! Gorgeous ocean view, fresh air and balmy, beachy days.
8. All of our activities center on building a camper’s self-esteem & teamwork skills through positive reinforcement and encouragement.
9. Thoroughly enthusiastic counselors (such as myself!) are there for the kids ~ to mentor and lead by positive example, to provide safety as well as fun. Did you know we also have quite the number of former campers turned counselors? :D
10. This is a completely unique experience no heart kid should have to miss, as it was designed specifically with them in mind.
Camp del Corazon (website)
2011 Session 1: August 25th - 29th
2011 Session 2: August 29th – September 2nd
2011 Session 3: September 2nd – 6th
Camper Registration Forms here.
Feel free to email me with any questions, or call the camp office (provided at the camp website)